Art Minor Requirements
The minor requires 40 credits. Course work must be taken in at least two departmental curricular areas, excluding courses taken to fulfill the core studios requirements.
Students are encouraged to declare the minor at least three terms before graduating. At the time the minor is declared, a departmental advisor may be assigned to help the student develop an individualized program.
- Two courses of History of Art and Architecture (ARH) (8 credits)
- Drawing I (ART 233) (4 credits)
- Surface, Space, and Time (ART 115) (4 credits)
- Core Interdisciplinary Laboratory (ART 116) (4 credits)
- Additional studio art credits of your choice (20 credits). At least 12 credits must be upper division, and 12 credits must be taken in residence in at least two departmental curricular areas.
Multimedia Minor Requirements
The multimedia minor requires 28 credits. Courses must be taken for letter grades and passed with a C– or better. No transfer work can be applied to the minor. The three core courses must be completed before registering for other courses required for the minor.
- Print Media Digital Arts (ARTD 250) (4 credits)
- Time-based Digital Arts (ARTD 251) (4 credits)
- Interactive Digital Arts (ARTD 252) (4 credits
- Web Programming (CIS 111) (4 credits)
- Writing for Multimedia (J 333) (4 credits)
- Digital Imaging (ARTD 360) (4 credits)
- Digital Audio Sound Design (MUS 447) (4 credits)